ColEm 1.0 for Amiga OS4 and MorphOS
ColEm Amiga is an OS4 and MorphOS native port of Marat Fayzullin's ColEm Colecovision emulator. This version is based on the classic Amiga port by Paul Hill. The OS4/MorphOS version is currently being maintained by Bob Wicksall (rwicksall(at)gmail.com).
You can download the latest OS4 version HERE!
You can download the latest MorphOS version HERE!
To run the emulator:
colem yourgame.rom -sound -fullscreen
Since release 4 you can just click on the CVLaunch icon.
19-Feb-2011 (release 7)
- Merged ColEm 2.6 core emulation updates.
- Improved game compatability.
- Full Screen now scales automatically
- "-scale x" Now scales to any size where 'x' is the multiplier
- Added SuperAction spinner emulation via the mouse "-spin1x"
- Do not turn on spinner emulation unless a game needs it. Some games will crash.
- Better detection of game roms and faster start time.
- Caps Lock now properly toggles joystick 1 and 2
- Merged MorphOS and OS4 sources. CVLaunch is now MUI on both platforms.
- Launcher now remembers last used settings
22-Jan-2011 (release 6)
- Ported to MorphOS
- Fixed some memory leaks
- Fixed a bug where multiple instances would crash when closing one.
19-Jan-2008 (release 5)
This release is a bit of an odd one. Marat has been very active lately updating
Colem and is now up to version 2.X on multiple platforms. His latest version
really has a lot of cool features and compatability improvements.
My problem is I'm not ready to take the leap into things like network code so
I've backported some of his improvements into my 1.0 source. At the same time
I've implemented some features of my own. A 2.X port may follow at some point
but for now I'm sticking with my existing source.
- Much improved sound. Still not perfect but more accurate.
- Improved game compatability
- Switched to p96WritePixelArray so colors are correct now.
- "-double" parameter to double screen size
- "-scanlines" parameter to emulate scan lines
21-Jun-2006 (release 4)
- Got the release numbers under control
- Full screen support (-fullscreen)
- CVLaunch: new GUI launcher. Just drop ROMS in roms folder and run CVLaunch
- Can have difficulty allocating pens in windowed mode
- Sound is still limited
- General compatability is good but not perfect
18-Oct-2005 (release 3)
- Added first pass at sound using Audio.device
- Changed some defaults (UPeriod = 1; Verbose = 0)
27-Aug-2005 (release 2)
- Display "Turn Game Off" screen when no Cart inserted
- A couple very minor bug fixes
26-Aug-2005 (release 1)
- First public release
- No sound in this version
- Added Pause feature (Pause/Break key on US keyboards)